Framed by rolling hillsides, lush vineyards, and medieval castles, the Danube River has captivated musicians, artists and poets throughout the centuries. Travel to legendary destinations on a 7-night cruise from Vilshofen to Budapest. Explore a 2,000 year-old city, savor Wachau Valley wines, and experience the timeless beauty and fascinating history of Vienna and Budapest.
Add a unique, epicurean dimension to this itinerary with one of our exclusive Wine Cruises. On this sailing, you will uncork local traditions, savor intense flavors and enjoy palate-pleasing adventures as you explore wondrous and unforgettable destinations. You will have the choice to join special tours that are designed to bring Europe’s rich wine heritage to life and, what’s more, a dedicated wine expert will be on board to lead tastings and suggest pairings with our award-winning cuisine. This cruise is a one-of-a-kind way to not only see, but also to taste – don’t miss this chance to indulge as you cruise along the legendary waterways of Europe.
*Modified Itinerary: Please note that due to local closures, you will not visit Bratislava during cruises departing in late October through December. Instead you will spend this time in Vienna and the Wachau Valley.
- Computer for internet access
- Entertainment-On-Demand in all staterooms featuring free high-speed internet access, movies, a music library and English language TV stations
- Mini-fridge, desk and sitting area
- Bottled water replenished daily
AN ARRAY OF AMENITIES
- Personalized service from a highly trained Cruise Manager during both cruise and land programs
- Internet and Wi-Fi access
- Sun deck pool with swim-up bar and walking track
- Fitness room, massage services and hair salon
- Main Lounge with panoramic views and bar
- Daily entertainment including cultural performances
- All onboard dining in a variety of venues
- Regionally inspired cuisine made with locally sourced ingredients
- The Chef’s Table specialty restaurant
- Welcome Cocktail, Welcome Dinner, La Chaîne des Rôtisseurs Dinner, Captain’s Cocktail and Gala Dinner
- La Chaîne des Rôtisseurs exclusive dining experience
- Unlimited fine wine, beer and soft drinks with lunch and dinner
- Unlimited sparkling wine and fresh juice with breakfast
- Sip & Sail Daily Cocktail Hour with complimentary wine, beer, spirits and soft drinks
- Tapas, sandwiches, snacks and refreshments served daily in the Main Lounge
A WORLD OF EXPLORATION
- Immersive tours in every destination
- Gentle, regular, active and late-riser tour options
- Bike tours and hikes
- Special Interest Tours
- Knowledgeable guides
- Personal headset for easy exploration
- Beverages other than those mentioned
- Gratuities to crew and Cruise Director – Suggested 15 Euros per guest, per day
- Items of personal nature, gift shop purchases
- Pre and post cruise extensions and hotels
- Travel Insurance
Board your ship for your Legendary Danube cruise. (D)
NUREMBERG – CHOICE OF TOURS - DEPART
Scenic cruise along the Main-Danube Canal
You have three choices of excursions while in Nuremberg. Enjoy a guided tour through Nuremberg’s beautiful medieval city, showcasing the Imperial Castle, famous town wall and the legendary fountain of the Market Square. Or turn back the pages of a darker history with a guided tour of the city’s most important WWII sites, including the enormous Documentation Center Nazi Party Rally Grounds. You’ll also visit the Nuremberg Trials Memoriam, and Courtroom 600, if the courtroom is not in session. Alternatively, savor traditional Franconian specialties by sampling famously delicious Nuremburger Bratwurst, Rot bier (red beer) and lebkuchen (gingerbread). En route to Regensburg, you’ll cruise through the man-made marvel, the Main-Danube Canal. (B,L,D)
Explore one of Germany’s best preserved medieval cities, Regensburg, on a guided walking tour showcasing the city’s architectural highlights, including the Old Town Hall and the Porta Praetoria.
Alternatively, sample some Bavarian specialties—beer, sausage and pretzels, and for those who wish to be more active, join a bike tour to Walhalla where you will see the neoclassical white marble temple inspired by the Parthenon in Athens. (B,L,D)
PASSAU - LINZ
Enjoy a walking tour along Passau’s cobblestone streets admiring the Gothic and Italian Baroque architecture and St. Stephen’s Cathedral. For guests looking for a more active morning, you can choose between a guided bike tour along the Inn River, or a guided hike up to the Veste Oberhaus Fortress for panoramic views overlooking three rivers. Later in the day, set sail for Linz. (B,L,D)
MELK - WACHAU VALLEY - UNESCO SCENIC CRUISING - VIENNA
Explore Melk, known for its magnificent Benedictine Abbey, a UNESCO World Heritage Site and one of Europe’s largest and most revered monasteries. Within these walls you will find frescoes painted by Johann Michael Rottmayr and Paul Troger, as well as a famed collection of musical manuscripts. Alternatively, you can go on a walking tour along Dürnstein’s cobblestone streets to the Baroque Stiftskirche, with its famed church tower, or join a guided bike tour that takes you through the UNESCO-designated Wachau Valley. Later in the day, set sail through the vineyard-rich Wachau Valley. (B,L,D)
The “City of Waltzes” offers a treasure trove of gems and on your city tour, you’ll see many of them, including the majestic Opera House and the former Imperial Palace of the Habsburgs. Conclude your tour in Vienna’s historic city center, a UNESCO World Heritage Site, and then afterwards, visit the grand St. Stephen’s Cathedral. For a more active exploration of the area, discover Vienna on a guided bike tour. During the afternoon, spend leisure time exploring this iconic city even more. (B,L,D)
You cannot help but fall in love with Budapest, known as the “Queen of the Danube.” Your city tour begins with a visit to the vibrant Great Market Hall brimming with vendors selling everything from food to souvenirs. The remainder of this tour takes you to both the Buda (hilly) and the Pest (flat) sides of the river. As an alternative choice, hike up to Castle Hill for breathtaking views of the city below. (B,L,D)
Disembark the ship as you prepare for your flight home. (B)
AmaSerena: This 164-passenger vessel boasts spacious staterooms with our exclusive Twin Balconies, a choice of dining venues, a heated pool with swim-up bar, in-room Internet access and more.
AmaViola: This 156-passenger vessel boasts spacious staterooms with our exclusive Twin Balconies, a choice of dining venues, a heated pool with swim-up bar, in-room Internet access and more.
AmaLea: This 158-passenger vessel boasts spacious staterooms with our exclusive Twin Balconies, a choice of dining venues, a heated pool with swim-up bar, in-room Internet access and more.