The natural splendor of Lake Michigan is undeniable. The fifth largest lake in the world and the only Great Lake contained entirely within the United States, Lake Michigan is lovingly referred to as America’s Third Coast. Your cruise combines the folklore and charm of heritage destinations like Mackinac Island with a backdrop of gentle waves stretching past the horizon and bordered by miles of pristine coastline and white sand beaches. Known for its waters that turn colors with the seasons, from brilliant aquamarine to inky sapphire to icy white, this Blount adventure sets sail through this national treasure and into the welcoming small towns, and bustling cities that line its shores.
DATES: 2018 –August 18; August 17
SHIP: Grande Mariner
- Visit the New Holland Brewing Company & Windmill Island, home to the only authentic working Dutch windmill in the United States
- Lovely Mackinac Island embodies the grace of the Victorian era with beautifully preserved historic homes & horse-drawn carriages – its only form of transportation!
- Tour the Milwaukee Art Museum, concluding the day with a delightful cheese and beer tasting.
- Spend your day at the Harley Davidson Museum, celebrating the more than 100 year history of Harley Davidson motorcycles.
Day 1 – Chicago, IL
Your voyage begins in the vibrant metropolis of Chicago, IL known for its amazing architecture, wind and waters.
Day 2 – Holland, MI
Founded in 1847, Holland is a quaint dutch-inspired village. A complimentary shuttle service from the vessel will take you downtown to explore, with options to visit the New Holland Brewing Company and Windmill Island, home to the only authentic working Dutch windmill in the United States. Or, you may join an optional bus ride to Grand Rapids, MI and enjoy a docent led tour of the President Gerald Ford Museum.
Day 3 – Beaver Island, MI
The largest island on Lake Michigan, Beaver Island boasts a rich history of Native American, French, and Irish cultures, and was the epicenter of the region’s freshwater fishing industry in the 19th century. Enjoy an afternoon of relaxation, or explore the island’s scenic beaches, majestic state forest, the well-loved island Toy Museum or Old Mormon print shop.
Day 4 – Mackinac Island, MI
Lovely Mackinac Island embodies the grace of the Victorian era with beautifully preserved historic homes and horse-drawn carriages – its only form of transportation! An optional carriage tour of the island includes entrance to the Wings of Mackinac Butterfly Conservatory and Surrey Hill Square Carriage Museum. A second excursion invites you to the historic Grand Hotel for a traditional Afternoon Tea.
Day 5 – Sturgeon Bay, WI
In Wisconsin’s Door County, visit idyllic Sturgeon Bay, a shipbuilding port where historic lighthouses and yachts create a striking seascape. An optional morning tour of this coastal community begins with a local wine tasting, and continues to the Door County Maritime Museum, where you can board a 1930s tugboat or a steamship from 1907. This afternoon sail toward riverside Manitowoc, WI.
Day 6 – Milwaukee, WI
A leisurely morning sail brings you to Milwaukee, Wisconsin’s largest city. Join an optional narrated bus tour and see the city’s meticulously preserved historical buildings and famous city landmarks. Tour the Milwaukee Art Museum, concluding the day with a delightful cheese and beer tasting. Or, spend your day at the Harley Davidson Museum, celebrating the more than 100 year history of Harley Davidson motorcycles.
Day 7 – Chicago, IL
Disembark this morning in Chicago.
- Cruise aboard the Grande Mariner or Grande Caribe, with only 88 passengers.
- Complete program of optional tours and excursions (An additional fee may apply)
- Welcome and farewell receptions aboard ship.
- All meals aboard ship, including house wine, beer, and soft drinks with lunch and dinner.
- BYOB , Bring your own selection of beverages; mixers and ice is provided
- Enrichment program of lectures and discussions by accompanying study leader.
- Professional tour staff.
- Complete pre-departure materials.
NOT INCLUDED: Airfare; transfers; luggage and trip cancellation insurance; meals, soft drinks, and alcoholic beverages other than those specified above; personal expenses such as laundry, telephone calls, faxes, gratuities and Internet service.
|Cabin Category||Price per person|
|Dedicated Single Category 3||$4,595|
|Pre-Cruise Arrival Night Onboard with Dinner and Breakfast||$150|